Meditative Rosary Reflection
As a Protestant growing up I never prayed the Rosary - as a matter of fact - I didn't even know what it was! I'd like to share with you what the Rosary is, how to pray it, and why Catholics pray it! The Meditative Rosary is a beautiful way to connect with God - no yoga required!
Watch this video series and learn why the Rosary is one of the most beautiful gifts I have received from the Catholic faith!
How to Pray the Rosary with Melissa Overmyer | Introduction
Meditative Rosary Supplies
Table or mirror
53 small tea candles (one for each Hail Mary)
6 larger votive candles (1 for each Our Father)
Steps for Praying the Meditative Rosary
1. Arrange candles like a Rosary
2. Light all small tea candles
3. Take three deep breaths and place your self in the presence of our Lord and place your prayer requests at the foot of the cross and ask Our Blessed Mother to pray for us as we offer them to Jesus through Mary.
4. Cross yourself with your Rosary and light the first larger votive candle and say the Creed and opening prayers (one Our Father and three Hail Marys for an increase in Faith, Hope and Charity, and one Glory Be)
5. Light second larger votive candle and read the first mystery and the fruit and say: one Our Father, ten Hail Marys, one Glory Be and Fatima prayer.
6. Repeat above with each mystery.
7. End with closing prayers and cross yourself with Rosary, kiss it, and place it away.
8. Carefully blow out candles.
Ahhh! Peace! 🦋