Advent Rosary Reflection
Create a family tradition this Advent season! An easy way to keep Christ in Christmas is to make an Advent Wreath and spend time together, as a family, in prayer! The Rosary is the perfect prayer to say together as a family.
During this season of Advent I will post be posting a new video each Sunday explaining what each candle on the wreath represents and each Monday I will share a meditation on the Joyful Mysteries. Watch here or on Facebook and Instagram.
Meditative Rosary Supplies
Table or mirror
53 small tea candles (one for each Hail Mary)
6 larger votive candles (1 for each Our Father)
Steps for Praying the Meditative Rosary
1. Arrange candles like a Rosary
2. Light all small tea candles
3. Take three deep breaths and place your self in the presence of our Lord and place your prayer requests at the foot of the cross and ask Our Blessed Mother to pray for us as we offer them to Jesus through Mary.
4. Cross yourself with your Rosary and light the first larger votive candle and say the Creed and opening prayers (one Our Father and three Hail Marys for an increase in Faith, Hope and Charity, and one Glory Be)
5. Light second larger votive candle and read the first mystery and the fruit and say: one Our Father, ten Hail Marys, one Glory Be and Fatima prayer.
6. Repeat above with each mystery.
7. End with closing prayers and cross yourself with Rosary, kiss it, and place it away.
8. Carefully blow out candles.
Ahhh! Peace! 🦋